Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Jacob Haydn Sawyer

I grew up in a strong Christian home based in The Salvation Army, with two parents, an older sister and a younger brother.

Although I was brought up knowing the Bible, and knew to do my best to be good, I didn’t really understand why, and had no real connection to God. It wasn’t until I attended an Easter Camp when I was 13 that I felt God’s presence, and started to realise His huge love for me. It was during this time that I signed my name by Isaiah 6:8, fully committing myself to God working through me to do His will.

I was known to be a Christian at school, and did my best not to compromise my relationship with God by bending to peer pressure. I kept a small group of male friends through my later years of High School, and was one of their only links to Christianity. I did my best to be like Jesus to them, but after years of having no close Christian friends, I was often really discouraged, and felt alienated from my friends.

However, toward the end of my second-to-last year at school, God used me to help a Christian girl at school, who was in an abusive situation at home. It was then through her that I met some Christian friends who encouraged me, and helped me to grow heaps in God, and it was from that point on that I really had an intimate and personal relationship with God.

I am a very keen musician, and I feel that this is a powerful tool from God to inspire and motivate fellow Christians, as well as to challenge non-believers to question their own ‘reality’. I am looking forward to seeing God glorified through my music, and my life.

9 Comments:

At 3:30 AM, Blogger Hannah said...

uh huh.

you sound like the lady on the last morning of parachute when I was ridiculously tired and she was talking for a long time. a long time. I dug a hole in the dirt during her long time on stage. long time. She then told all these people to come up the front and they did, slowly. then there was a bit of music about jesus. then they tried to make us go home. but we didn't. we didn't leave until 6pm. damn aetheists, a might-as-well be aetheists, an agnostics and christians.

 
At 4:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I challenge YOU (Jakes) to question YOUR reality.

Otherwise, nice story.

 
At 12:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your right Rob, I must eliminate the will to desire.

For in this world, nothing is worth striving for.

However, maybe the 'not being able to answer my reply by Jakes' was what I was wanting all along. In which case I shall gain an everlasting amount of satisfaction as it is an in-exhaustable desire.

 
At 1:08 AM, Blogger Jakes said...

What is my reality?

 
At 4:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

whatever you think it is.

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

maybe chucky.

or maybe he has put a lot of thought into it and it is a debatable topic that can be convincing, yet unconvincing at the same time. the theory is there, the answer is unanswerable.

or maybe something different again.

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

... have been found. as in, there are more that haven't been found.

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

why did you bring up how many planets have been discovered?

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Jakes said...

http://www.maxim.org.nz/main_pages/news_page/R050428.php

I think someone said something about Maxim institute being unreliable, hopefully this will boost its credability.

Sorry guys, I am seriously busy hard out with organising my trip, and I will be busy for sometime considering that I'm leaving in 4 weeks.

Those of you who pray, your prayers would be seriously appreciated - I've got so much to do, and not much time.

Keep it real

 

Post a Comment

<< Home