I shall name her Mavis
Yeah, today at the Noise conference I was just walking out of the place to go buy some dinner, passing by a World Vision table when an angelic, yet familiar sight caught my eye.
A face!
I turned around to look at the figure on the other side of the table and there she was! I said hi, with an awkward smile. She smiled back, smooth and confident, saying that she recognised me from somewhere.
'Yes!' I inwardly dialogued; 'She REMEMBERS ME!!'
She asked with honest curiousity where she knew me from. Reading my awkward and slightly hesitant expression, she then asked if it was from an embarrassing history.'Yeah, kinda..' I said, running my fingers through my dark wavy hair. I love my hair. And my fingers. Anway; 'I used to have a huge crush on you in 4th form...'
I intentionally left out the fact that my infatuation for her actually started at the end of 3rd form all the way through the entirety of 4th form into 5th form, when she dissapeared from Rangitoto College, and out of my life...
So she thought it was rather amusing, and started to warm up to me, asking me about what I was up to at my current stage in life.
However, I was momentarily lost in her intensely brilliant eyes, and only just managed to keep from floating away into blissful oblivion, and stated that I was working in a factory.
Conversation evolved into being about the future, I found out that she had actually left school altogether to start working. She had recently started working for World Vision.
The best news, by far, was that she had just become a Christian 2 months ago! She came from a Christian home, and had gone away from the whole 'God' thing, but then as she was walking past a church a while ago, she went in, felt challenged by God, and became a Christian.
At this stage, the sound checks were starting to boom through the foyer, to shatter our eternal bond that had quickly formed to link our two souls. That and I was hungry.
I tell you what guys, I was so stoked man. She hadnt changed much since I saw her last, I mean, she had become even more beautiful!
She has this straight up way of talking, and isn't afraid to speak her mind. She reminds me a fair bit of Wynona Ryder, except with long, straight light brownish hair that falls past her shoulders.Man, shes awesome.
I meant to get her email, or her number, but I just didn't know how to ask! I waved to her when I walked by her later on (she was talking to a 'customer'), and I just assumed that I would see her later on, and have the opportunity to see her again.
I still remember the day when I walked up to her, pushed on (cajoled? is that right?) by Mike and Reuban, right into the hangout place at school with all the cool kids. I nervously asked for her number (I was 13 or 14, but in saying that I was still nervous today), and I remember her cool hand reaching for mine, and she calmly got out a pen and wrote on my hand her number. I was SO stoked.I made a point of calling her every few sundays, just talking about stuff, me being the one to steer the conversation. I still cannot tell if she was really interested in the conversation, or if she was just being polite. In any case, she was very cool.
And then, one fateful winter morning break at school, I walked up to her at the lunch room and asked her out.
She said no.
She said she was already going out with another dude - Michael G.
Michael; Goldie, one of the nicest, coolest dudes around.
Needless to say, I was gutted.
Maybe I'm just blowing this all out of proportion, but I was sooo stoked to see her eh. She lives out in West Auckland.
Anyways, gotta get a complete-with-God attitude in preparation for overseas, because a long distance relationship would just be too difficult.
Nah, to be honest, I dunno eh. She seems cool, but there are a LOT of cool girls around.
Maybe I'm just in another one of my notorious "Jacob-in-melancholic-romance-with-his-loneliness" moods.
Help me someone, I need help. I fall in love WAY too easily.

8 Comments:
Imitation - the highest from of flattery.
She sounds like a nice girl - what's her real name? :D
The annoying thing is that there's this whole tension between the fact that girls suck, and being awesome, but they suck because they are awesome and it's just frustrating because you can't get over them...
Yeah.
Often they seem really great until you actually go out with them. I dunno why I get so caught up in it all, I don't think I've had one good relationship.
Woah sorry for the lame comment.
lust
Yeah, sorry rob
Im an emotional guy, and i need to vent. I cant keep it bottled up inside...
*sob*
Emotional!!! HAH!!! That's a girl trait.
YOU'RE A GIRL JAKES!~
Time to start obeying the men eh Jakes.
Nice robbie that was funny as.
just for the record - I AM NOT SEXIST!
seriously. i all of a sudden have such a bad reputation for that now. it sucks.
Yeah, fully relate kate. thanks for the comment, but i have real trouble with the 'being complete with Christ first stuff' - I dont feel like I'm ever gonna get to that stage! what do I do in the mean time? i feel like im gonna explode if i dont find a girlfriend soon. it sucks.
And I reckon the guy DEFINITLY needs to serve the girl - he has to win her heart, and once thats done, keep winning it.
shutup guys, im gonna be an awesome romantic and u guys are gonna be jealous.
so anyway, science and religion. lets have something to start the ball rolling....
Rock dating systems? how accurate are they?
and what the heaven is nic talking about?!
Sorry for not commenting for ages.
http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v20/i4/dogma.asp
Just to letting you know that there is another way to interpret the evidence.
Comment.
ha, flem ball.
yeah, sorry dudes- im mucho busyo.
i'll get around to it
Post a Comment
<< Home