How old?
http://www.answersingenesis.org/docs2005/0325Dino_tissue.asp
- How can a 65 million year old fossil still retain red blood cells?
I follow the view that the worl and everything in it, and the whole universe, is only around 6000 years old. Wacky view? check out this site.
Ask me questions, challenge me please and I will research.

27 Comments:
I am NO scientist by any means, but I want to defend this by my limited head knowledge.
Rej - If it's not the original material, what could it be from? It was found inside of a bone (the outside of it fossilised) and it was found when the bone was cracked open. The process sounds rare - I guess we then won't find many more of them around then?
Rob - Of course its not fresh - its thousands of years old. I guess that the rare process the T-Rex bone was preserved in means (again) that we won't be seeing many more of them.
I want them to crack open more bones like they said they are gonna do in answersingenesis. It'l be interesting to see what they find.
Yeah thats an interesting one, some people think that with all the 'evidence' for evolution, it was God who used and controlled evolution and the Big Bang etc.
But then if He was God then all those millions of years to create the earth would be pretty pointless.... right?
Why pointless?
I dunno, I don't think creating the earth in 6 days is pointless. 6 days is pretty good for creating everything. Gazillion billion is slightly less ungodlike. I reckon anyway.
Dude, are you actually saying there was a Big Bang and God used it?
I think 6 days is flippin' God like. A whole universe in 6 days. People can explain scientifically pretty much how the earth might have created itself over a billion gazillion years, but 6 days calls for more of a reason for the need of a God to be behind it. I think that's why God did it like that.
We are not the purpose of the universe's creation, the universe is there to bring glory to God - He put it there because He wanted it.
You don't praise a painting for being painted so well - you praise the painter, the artist.
My opinion is that God did not create the world looking old - Noah's flood did that. Instead of everyone thinking the Grand canyon and places like that were formed over millions of years with a tiny amount of water, a lot of scientists (mostly Christians of course) believe that the world's mountain ranges, deep valleys, and canyons were all created by a lot (HEAPS) of rain in a short period of time.
I think Genesis is scientifically accurate. It is written (Hebrew) in a way which it can only be taken literally, not like a series of metaphors which we believe Revelation and other parts of the Bible to be.
Oh, and those sedimentary rock layers that heaps scientists have said take millions of years to form per layer? Like the layers in the grand canyon? Well, they actually found the intact fossil of a whale going through something like 10 layers. It is aptly named 'The Patient Whale'.
Good point about the light from other planets - I honestly don't know. Obviously because of my worldview I would first guess that they are not that far away or something, but I really have no idea. I shall research.
why is god a he?
for languages benefit?
or for male superiority?
time is a modern concept. time that we know today came about during the industrial revolution. the factories brought in the need, then the train timetables inforced national (britain) and then international time.
ungodlike? war is pretty ungodlike but it still bloody well happens.
Why is God a he?
Because (in my view), males are seen as the leaders - the providers, the head of the family. I know you will hate me for saying that Hannah, but thats how it was until just a hundred years ago or whatever. It was very visable amongst the Jews especially, and so by God portraying 'Himself' as a man, He was saying that he was the leader, and the provider.
Please no angry feministness guys - thats how it was, and thats how it worked best. By no means am I downplaying the role of woman - they probably have the most important job on earth - to bring up the next generation (whether full-time or not I dunno).
If you want to complain about this, do it in your own blogs or send me an email without cluttering up this blog. This is not what I am wanting to discuss.
And Hannah - time a modern concept? what are you trying to say? there was no thing as days back then?
Robbie - not funny.
yes, time is modern.
days? well, yeah, day and night - but not minutes, hours - they werent there.
years wern't really recognised.
but then you also believe we just appeared with the wave of a magical wand, so i think we'll never agree.
and what do you mean dont go off topic!?
jesus!
worked better? compared to what?
and, in your thinking, you aren't much of a man jacob. where's your leading? where's your plans for providing for a family long term? where's your fucking male superiority got you?
a job in a factory.
it'll be interesting to meet your planned future child rearer.
personal, yes. next time don't tell me not to respond.
Ha Rob - I'll make a new post soon. I'm going for a record here.
Hannah, grr grr. Angry angry.
So they didn't recognise years before the industrial revolution?
"The word of the LORD came to him in the thirteenth year of the reign of Josiah son of Amon king of Judah," - Jeremiah 1:2
(like it or not, the Bible is a historical book, and I do believe was written a bit before the industrial revolution)
And you just believe we appeared from nothing, man, I fully don't understand how people who believe in Evolution and the Big Bang etc hassle Christians for 'Blind Faith'. It seems like they are the ones who need the most faith for their beliefs!
I did not say that Males were superior. I am not superior to a woman, but in a nuclear (I heard that somewhere) family unit, the male is the head of the household - the leader. This does not mean that he is ultimatly superior, just that he just has a superior ability to lead in most cases.
Im sorry for making a comment that got some of you guys offended. I didn't mean to.
When religion karks it? I hope it does soon. Religion and rituals have taken over what God is all about - love. "I desire mercy, not sacrifice" - Hosea 6:6
I said YOU, as in christianity, believe we just appeared. big ol' god snapped his fingers and there humans were.
I believe in evolution, yes, that we evolved over TIME, a long long time.
and on time once again, what I meant was that it wasn't recognised in OUR sense of time. the word 'year' doesn't mean our year - three hundred and sixty five days - rather it went by season, astronomy etc.
and the reason why i'd brought that up in the first place was my inability to understand why there was SEVEN days. why? just because? sevens a lucky number?
If we're dealing with eternity, then god must be bloody old - what is a few hundred years, a few thousand, what is one second? why seven days?
"I did not say that Males were superior. I am not superior to a woman, but in a nuclear (I heard that somewhere) family unit, the male is the head of the household - the leader. This does not mean that he is ultimatly superior, just that he just has a superior ability to lead in most cases."
-maybe you heard it from Mr Tamaki?
...and helen clark just accidentally fell into the role of prime minister? Heather Graham is mistakenly number two in charge? Sylvia Cartwright doesn't show leadership? Margret Thatcher didn't lead?
what do you mean ability to lead a household?
provide, maybe yes, the male may be superior economically- but this is largely due to the cap on female salaries - it isnt possible in the 'feminised' careers, and even more so in the 'masculine' careers for women to better a man in pay.
but leadership qualities?
no. it is rather the ingrained gender ideologies of what 'masculine' traits are. they are socially and culturally constructed identities, which in turn falls into gendered roles in society, such as occupations. leadership is not only a mans game, rather,we just see the traits of a leader as male (eg, female political leaders are often called masculine).
but to make people aware of this is to change not only the individual ideals of people like yourself jacob, but domestically and into the international system.
power politics is gendered.
ah, im tired. i'll come back to this later.
and don't say your sorry when you're not. it is further offending as it merely dulls down a word that has lost most of its meaning already.
You didn't mean to? then why did you mention " no angry feministness" ?
LESBIANS!
"power politics is gendered."
Shit someones been studying for the IR test... I better get to it then.
"Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord.
Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them."
- Colossians 3:18&19
"22Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. 23For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.
25Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her"
- Ephesians 5:22-25
No, I did not get it from Mr Tamaki Hannah. Funny that.
Dude, you did not listen to me did you?
I said leadership in a NUCLEAR FAMILY UNIT. Therefore all those arguments you gave about the PM and other 'famous' chicks are not valid. You want REAL awesome womaness?
Check out Catherine Booth.
Check out Kate Sheppard.
Check out Esther (from the BIBLE). Don't go on about awesome as female role models, because the Christian community has PLENTY.
"Death is conquered,
though you slumber
Seven is
the perfect number" - Larry Norman
"If we're dealing with eternity, then god must be bloody old"
Does anyone else see the fault in this? Anyone?
"they are socially and culturally constructed identities, which in turn falls into gendered roles in society, such as occupations. leadership is not only a mans game, rather,we just see the traits of a leader as male"
Stop regurgetating what other people have said. Speak for yourself Hannah, you are smart enough, I'm sure. Don't just suck in what everyone else says - think for yourself. University people with their ideals and fancy catch phrases pollute the mind dude, and you are getting sucked in big time.
So anyway, what you are saying is that the physical state in which a person is born (male parts/female parts) has nothing to do whatsoever with their gender?
Guys, this is what I've been talking about - relativism: "they are socially and culturally constructed identities" - the meaning is what we make of it. This is false. Do not get sucked into it! There is an ultimate truth - it's up to you to find it!
Hannah, I am honestly sorry for saying something you got offended by, however, I stand by what I say. Please listen to what I am saying. You are fun to argue with, but I do not want you as my enemy.
Where did God come from?
No idea.
Technically (philosophically) He was always there because He is outside of space and time. He is the great "I AM" as He said to Moses back in the day.
I'm sorry Pie - Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy is an awesome movie, but that idea about another sophisticated race creating us? Well who created the race? And don't you find it harder to believe that another race created another race rather than the idea that God created us?
Are you sure you are not making every concievable excuse not to believe in God?
Is this because you know that you will then have to be accountable to Him and no longer live for yourself?
the argument has a sexuality?
really.
wow.
and a sexual preferance.
how advanced.
and no he isn't in parliment. he would like to be, but he is not. The destiny party is running an election campaign and elections are later this year chuck, after that I hope he is still not in parliment.
less than 1% of the vote doesn't get those lovely family values of hate and disgust very far.
so if helen is a confirmed married lesbian in your eyes chuck, then really I can sum your opinion up in crude terms as "all they want to do is fuck each other, therefore, they should not be incharge, rather the men that want to fuck them should be."
yes? sounds about right...
Tamihere - it wasn't a pro-male comment, it was a midly amusing, but distastful joke - refering to women as "front-bums".
And I just wanted to recap for you:
"...i dont discriminate against them..."
followed by:
"...God straight out says I HATE GAYS!"
note the word hate.
And here you go again:
"...if u try to argue that then ur just gay..."
"theres a whole lot of things that we could go into in this blog guys...screw it all, we could write forever and then we'd just forget!"
screw ALL of it?
so. seeing as we have been talking about god. screw god? that's not very nice.
Just to clarify, God DOES NOT hate homosexuals. This is not my opinion, this is fact that is based on the Bible.
Good point Pie - I have trouble trying to decide about that marriage/civil union thing - we have already argued it heaps before. Its hard for me to understand if it is OK to let gay people get 'married' if they are not Christian, but mind you, we've argued this hard out all the way back with 'Politics vs Religion' and on Staceys site.
I still don't know.
I really apreciate your stance Pie with the Agnostic thing, and I would hopefully be in your shoes if I wasn't born into a Christian home. Just research hard-core man - experience heaps of religions, look at them from heaps of perspectives, (even Atheism) and hopefully you will find what I have found - a hope and a reason and a love.
"Jakes proposed the argument that male leadership worked better than female leadership, so he has the burden of proof on the topic and i still remain to see any convincing argument...."
fair enough. But I was talking about leadership within the family. I believe that alot of the High school shootings, drug problems, violence problems, is due to the breakdown of the core family unit. One of the chief ways that this has broken down in recent decades is not only the mother's will and 'right' to lead within the family, but also due to the male abandoning his duty to lead his own family.
It seems to me that the increase in violent crime, drugs, etc etc has a lot to do with family breakdowns, and I personally see the breakdown as a result of a failed male leadership within the family. Does this make sense?
Your excellent use of spelling indicates your awe-some level of intelligence and courtesy.
Please, next time you want to hassle randoms, (who happen to be my friends and myself), go scream in your own blog, which I'm sure is full of very polite and friendly people like yourself.
And can you please give me Bible quotes when you refer to the Bible? Otherwise nobody knows if you are talking out of your ass, which I'm sure you are inclined to do frequently.
I have one question that i'd like to ask ask-alice...
Would you please leave?
That is all.
Alice has left the building
i wanna know what her posts said...
Maybe she was trying to tell us where to find the shellfish thing. lol.
(Shes probably quoting the book of mormon or something)
Nah, I think its there, but she made some lame excuse about how there'd be so many she wouldnt want to waste the time or something.
I don't enjoy it when people just blatantly hassle others without any real reason.
And if you're reading this Alice;
Don't worry - your spelling was fine
Oi leitch, do u actually have a blog?
What is it?
not really...
I hav one but its aimed at a niche audience and i dont plan on updating it anymore.
However, I plan to fully revamp my www.thelside.com website soonish.
just cuz im nice, here is one of the reference to one of my points in the post that you deleted. Exodus, chapter XX... from the beging till 7, i didnt check the english transalation though.
Post a Comment
<< Home