Sunday, March 06, 2005

A typical day in the life of working Jacob

  • Wake up excessively early (6am), moaning and tossing in warm bed, and regretting staying up late the previous night
  • Get up 6.20, dazed and confused
  • Have breakfast, dress etc
  • Try to get out of the house at 7.10
  • Drive (still dazed and confused) to work
  • Arrive, feel bad for being 5 mins late
  • Do stuff* (*stuff includes - feeding rubber onto aluminium bars, load truck, lift crates(100kg), sweep up, try to understand co-workers speaking in Samoan, drilling, using this really cool hole punching machine, shooting people with an air gun etc - lots of fun spread around)
  • Morning tea break where I sit and read the herald, or a book, or talk to people
  • Stuff
  • Stuff is followed by lunch break (same as morning tea break)
  • Continue to work, dazed and confused
  • Afternoon break (same as lunch, except with tired feet up)
  • Stuff
  • Drive home (D&C)
  • After work stuff
  • Stay up late for no particular reason

And thats my day. I don't know what keeps me motivated, I guess I do kinda enjoy it. The people I work with are quite cool. The day's program totally changes when I'm out doing deliveries with another dude, I get my lunch break when I get back, and spend most of the delivery sitting in traffic.

However, I do have to listen to rap in the truck on deliveries, and 'easy listening i' in the factory which is fairly (insert PC word here to avoid offending)

I just wanna save up my $4000 and go overseas.

Somebody save me.

In saying all this, I still don't regret not going to uni, because I have no debt, and I still don't know what to do there.

I'm tired - the past two weekends I've been out camping, doing water activities. I got hardly any sleep on both occasions, and combined with my bad sleeping habits during the week, I now am one tired (& kinda sick) monkey.

Do I have anything else to say....

Questions, anyone?

4 Comments:

At 1:52 AM, Blogger Sam said...

Yeah, why don't you update more often you oaf. I check it every day.

 
At 1:33 AM, Blogger Jakes said...

Chutup yaw mouf.
you can't talk - you're site's still spewing green.
and you don't reply to your emails either - i have NO IDEA what is going on with the internship, and have been waiting for your reply for at least a week.
If you have time to check my blog everyday, you have time to chat to your youth pastor for me, so ragh

 
At 2:02 AM, Blogger Sam said...

I'm afraid you are very wrong there Rej. Y'see $4000 is about double the amount of money for a return ticket to London/New York. Nice arguement tho...

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Jakes said...

Settle down you.

I am very resourceful, so don't worry Rej.

I shall update to cease this bickering

 

Post a Comment

<< Home