Tuesday, November 08, 2005

All alone in the Moonlight...


Yeah. Gooooood times.

Yes, If you are wondering, I am a little homesick. Not that much though, so don't stress guys.

I have an incredible lack of material to post about since I am not around my controvercially minded New Zealand friends. It's kinda frustrating when you want to stirr something up amongst Christian groups, because they often just tend to agree with you. Hmmmm.

Dinosaurs lived along side man. Argue me out and back me up against a wall.

















Congratulations Tim, you're finally getting married.



13 Comments:

At 3:31 AM, Blogger Jakes said...

Sweet man. I couldn't understand anything from your blog though...

 
At 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It has been well established that almost all dinosaurs died out 65 million years ago. This is apparent through a massive amount of fossils that appear in a certain layer of rock which has been carbon dated to be 65 million years old. The dinosaurs were killed out by a catostrophie like a worldwide disease or an asteroid.

Wait a minute, carbon dating is flawed (which has been proven by experiment). And fossils are created by water and mud. A great worldwide flood could have accounted for a whole heap of sudden deaths - (It is also well established that many other animals and plants died out at the same time as the dinosaurs). You know Jakes, I was seriously determined to argue you here (even tho i agree with u), so I indulged in some internet searches. There appears to be seriously lacking of evidence for why scientists believe dinosaurs died out 65 million years ago. They just treat it as 'common fact'.

Dragons.

 
At 11:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh foolish indeed not to trust the google results of leitch.

But yeah ive read many an article (some published by non-creationists) about how carbon dating is shite.

Apparently, most archeologists guess dates of artefacts before carbon dating, then if the carbon dating agrees with their estimations they include it to make it look better.

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Jakes said...

I have that problem too.

There are not any sites that I'm aware of that objectively evaluate both sides of the creation/evolution argument, which is frustrating.

And even though I do heavily follow www.answersingenesis.org ,
nothing is free from bias, and it's sometimes frustrating the way that the creationists on this site just mock secular scientists at times - its kinda immature and it isnt going to help anything when somebody is brutally proved wrong.

But man - the site is so convincing - even though I'm not an expert in any area, their logic is awesome and it is all backed up for people to check out.

Why is it that people don't believe the creationists?

Here's something interesting:

http://www.answersingenesis.org/Home/Area/feedback/negative12-1999.asp

actually,thats just a joke.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/Home/Area/feedback/negative6-26-2000.asp

I didnt read the whole thing, but hopefully it helps someone in regards to rock dating. I dunno

 
At 1:07 AM, Blogger Jakes said...

Robbie, as far as I understand, you are just going against creationism because of popular opinion.

What was the popular opinion of the shape of the Earth before Christopher Columbus?

And if you are not going against it by popular opinion, which part of the creationist argument do you disagree with?

I'd be more than happy to pass your questions on to the AIG website, so you can be corrected.

 
At 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dinos arent all gone look at Aligators and Crocksl Well maybe they arnt dinosuars but closest thing we will ever see


Steve Heinonen

 
At 1:42 AM, Blogger Hannah said...

tuataras - don't forget the tuataras.

 
At 5:48 AM, Blogger Jakes said...

Smooth.

So, where are the dino-birds?

 
At 5:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only a minority of scientists believe that birds actually evolved from dinosaurs. Infact many fossilised birds have been found amongst dinosaurs (aswell as other animals).

 
At 1:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg that pic is like.. pretty interesting

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger Jakes said...

http://daphne.palomar.edu/mlane/DRAWINGS/archeopteryx.JPG

That one's better.

Soooo, where's the fossils?
The artist must've got the idea for his drawing from somewhere - it just looks so REAL.

And it's also really strange how all these different drawings of "archeopteryx" are all different...

Oh, and they found some more unfossilised Dino bones in Alaska. Yeah, they were acutally of those Duck-billed dinosaurs, and also Lambeosaurus. Here's a picture of it, based on actual fossils:

http://www.internal.schools.net.au/edu/lesson_ideas/dinosaurs/images/lambeosaurus.gif

http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v19/i3/musicman.asp

I just thought I'd chuck that one in there.

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Rin said...

this claims to have complete coverage of the evolution debate..

http://www.nytimes.com/pages/science/sciencespecial2/index.html

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger MissHarwood said...

Hey Jacob! Just wanna say, awesome talk you gave! Was real cool!! Really gonna miss ya

 

Post a Comment

<< Home