The Six O'clock News

Recent headlines:
- Houston residents are told to leave as the approaching Hurricane Rita strengthens to a Category Five storm.
- Hurricane Rita has gained strength in the Gulf of Mexico after battering Cuba and Key West and is heading for Texas.
Weather updates suggest Rita is as powerful as the devastating Hurricane Katrina - Severe storms in Andhra Pradesh, India, have killed at least 50 people and thousands are said to be homeless.
- Indonesia's health minister has warned the country could face a bird flu epidemic, following at least four deaths.
A five-year-old Indonesian girl has become the latest suspected bird flu victim. - I also heard via video (I could find no text) that a boy was sentanced (9 years old) for stabbing his baby brother with a kitchen knife, because the baby was crying and disturbing him from his video game.
And that's just today. I'm not sure how many of you know this, but a lot of what Revelation says about the 'End times' centers around Israel - and thats been hard-out intense for the past while now.
"You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8All these are the beginning of birth pains." - Matthew 24
I dunno guys. Some people (mainly Christians) get way too carried away with thinking about the end of the world that they don't focus on what they've been given - TODAY. But what I want to say to everyone is:
"Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. 43But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. 44So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him."
Be ready, we have one day less than we did yesterday...

13 Comments:
I saw your little brother's band playing in the auckland quad the other day. One fine drummer you've got there. It made my sushi very enjoyable.
You forgot to mention priests raping or molesting young boys, and religious war. Religion creates its own problems too you know.
I agree with anon.
Fully - religion is the biggest cause of war there is - you can't convince whole nations to fight a losing battle for money, and to convince them to fight for themselves collectively is hard enough. Religion - bringing God into the equation, triggers desire for self-sacrifice - living for something beyond themselves.
The idea of a god behind a war is definitly used to manipulate people.
And priests have free will. God will not take that away from us, so that is why we need to look to God for Him to help us live our lives, otherwise we will fall prey to our own evil desires.
But please understand that I represent the relationship, not the religion, of God.
Religion insinuates rituals which people use to become 'right with God', but this cannot be achieved through anything we do - only by God doing it for us, in spite of us (also known as 'Grace').
Religion can be helpful in reminding and directing participants to God, but it is not the relationship with God in itself. (And because it is created by man, it is subject to fallibility)
Christianity is about loving God with your life, not about what you do.
I missed jono in quad!!!
That sucks
Rose
Errr chuck who says with no religion the world would be a worse place? Is religion the only thing stopping you from wrecking havoc on a murderous rampage. I don't think so. I'm no christian yet I still respect people, the law and feel I am a moral person.
http://xtramsn.co.nz/technology/0,,7005-4821369,00.html
what do you guys reckon about intelligent design being taught along side evolution in schools?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4287790.stm
"Creationism isn’t a science."
What is science?
Maybe I shouldn't be answering this post - it seems like you might be drunk in order to say things like that.
"Life isn't worth it"
It depends what you are living for
The media are idiots to think that happiness depends on wealth. The girls died because they weren't loved, they were assumed.
Where does it say they were 'Christian' campaigners?
Robbie, you have some serious grudges against God. Why?
The walls are getting thin
32Two other men, both criminals, were also led out with him to be executed. 33When they came to the place called the Skull, there they crucified him, along with the criminals—one on his right, the other on his left. 34Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing."[e] And they divided up his clothes by casting lots.
35The people stood watching, and the rulers even sneered at him. They said, "He saved others; let him save himself if he is the Christ of God, the Chosen One."
36The soldiers also came up and mocked him. They offered him wine vinegar 37and said, "If you are the king of the Jews, save yourself."
38There was a written notice above him, which read:|sc THIS IS THE KING OF THE JEWS.
39One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: "Aren't you the Christ? Save yourself and us!"
40But the other criminal rebuked him. "Don't you fear God," he said, "since you are under the same sentence? 41We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong."
18For, as I have often told you before and now say again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ. 19Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is on earthly things.
-Phil 3
Yeah - fair enough Pie. I will explain.
The first reference, I meant to highlight this particular verse -
34Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing."
I'm not so much offended at Robbie's disrespect for what I believe in, but I'm more saddened (really saddened) by what he said about God, after all that Jesus went through for him. I am really worried that he will infinitley regret what he said about God. He will be held accountable for every word that he says -
36But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken. 37For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned." - Matthew 12
And in the rest of the reference, it talks about how Jesus was mocked and taunted by others as He was dieing - Robbie was not the first. It seems that nothing much has changed over the last 2000 years. And Robbie cannot see how he is possibly in the wrong - he cannot see how the human race is screwed, and doesnt understand his own unrighteousness, and therefore, a need for Jesus to save him. This being in contrast to the criminal who realised his wrong.
The second reference was because that is what I wanted to say - to Robbie, to everyone. There are some who just attack everything even remotely to do with Christianity ("the cross of Christ"), and Robbie seems to be one of them, and I dont understand why. Yes, Robbie IS definitly headed for destruction at the moment, but there is hope.
The verse does NOT say that this doom is set - the enemy has the opportunity to change and be forgiven.
I do realise that Robbie has probably just said those things to get me worked up, and maybe possibly for the adrenaline rush due to his open defiance of the God of all that is. But I don't think I've over-reacted at all - there is too much at stake here,
and I love my mate Robbie too much to just let this one go.
Time to update.
I need things to distract me from studying
:)
Rose
cheers...
Post a Comment
<< Home