Splurge of jacobs mind
Hello.
Camp weekends are saweet. We play paintball with wrist-rocket slingshots, and it hurts to get hit. typically 4 a-side game crawling through rough terrain of the san diegan desert. with heaps of boulders to hide behind and crawl up. And Charles has just ordered 3 balloon launchers. Now, I don't think we have these in NZ. They are going to be termed 'artillary' for the paintball game. They are a 3 man device - two people acting as 'anchors', and one man pulling back the actual launcher bit. Get this - they can fire 250 feet, which is 75 meters. Crazzzy. Insane. Sam do you want to go halves with me so we can use it when I get to the UK? We also discussed using the golf-carts as well, but I just don't think that's gonna happen to be honest. A few of us took the 6-seater the weekend before last with our slingshots and rocks and drove around shooting squirrels and rabbits. No doubt we would have felt entirely guilty if we had actually hit one of the 'critters', but no such luck. Hilariously awesome adrenaline-pumping action. Do try it.
What else?
My cabins have been hugely hard to deal with over the past 3 or 4 weeks, and I was just about to fully give up at the start of this one. But I got a cool cabin for this week, which is fully a blessing from God, because I don't think I would have been able to cope eh. You guys will probably not understand how hard it is to be with troubled 8 or 11 year olds for 6 days, 24 hours a day (almost). They come from broken homes, drug related backgrounds, gangs etc, and it can be seriously tough. So I'm almost ready to go home. Except for the staff - they are great people, and I have a few awesome friends here.
And being totally available to God for Him to throw me wherever in life is dangerous, but exciting. There's a possibility I might be doing missionary work in Russia next year, or going to a Salvation Army training school in Vancouver next year. To tell you the truth, once again I could be anywhere in the world again next year - doing anything.
But it's still probable that I will just go back to good ol' N of Z mid Jan.
But we'll see what happens.
"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than exposure."
Helen KellerUS blind & deaf educator (1880 - 1968)

3 Comments:
Eat the shoe
shutup paddy - God does NOT want me to eat a shoe, no matter what 'revelation' you may have recieved
u gonna put a pic up of ur mullet jakes ;) what a hottie..........
Post a Comment
<< Home