Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Sigur Ros Rules

Yes they do. Thanks be to good ol' Claire for introducing me to that wacky, wacky band. Its the best music ever to relax to. It makes me feel inquisitive and at the same time, lazily happy.

I hate people who blab on about something as if they know all about it, its frustrating as. Like this lady on NewstalkZB who was talking about all this rubbish to do with her extreme opinion on the Bible and Christianity - she talked as if she knew everything to do with the Bible, but instead it was easy to see that she knew hardly anything.
She annoyed me so much.

Anyway, if you are interested in hassling Christianity or something, read the Bible first. Then develop an opinion based on the facts in the Bible, instead of just rambling without anything to back it up.
I am SO looking forward to new years.
I will finally be able to take my surfboard surfing
Happy holidays

4 Comments:

At 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds good.
It is my understanding that the Bible is the most historically accurate book for its time, and so in my opinion, if you can't trust the Bible, then you can't trust any history beyond the last 2000 years, and therefore it is to be considered fact.
Anyway, its the basis of the Christian faith, and in order to dismiss Christianity, you first have to know what the Bible says and find a way to disprove the Bible.

PS:Polyphonic Spree?

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

in order to claim dominance of a certain kind of music you mst first listen to a wide range of music. you should know who polyphonic spree are. they are the only band rej and I can join. that reason alone means THEY rule.

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Jakes said...

Thats a cool poem dude, although I don't really understand it. An explanation would be nice, if not on here, in person. Cheers.

I see what you mean with the whole 'historically accurate' thing, although then if you can't trust the Bible for history, you can't really trust anything... and something something something.

"I think we need faith, so we don't all curl up in a little ball and hide from the nothingness of it all, and some of us believe in diffent things."

I dunno Rej, kinda seems a bit of wishful thinking, as if the faith we believe in all comes from ourselves. And how can you believe in nothing more than what you see in front of you? It seems to me that your statement is a convinient excuse to not have to hold yourself accountable to a higher power. Honestly, I just can't understand your way of thinking, (being such a determined evolutionist) which in turn means you probably can't understand my outlook on life. Hopefully we can help each other out.
What do you have to live for?

Romans Chapter 1:
19since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities–his eternal power and divine nature–have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

21For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools.

 
At 12:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you keep striving for truth, goodness and beauty, and by this search, find what I have found - a reason and a purpose in God, and a relationship with Him through Jesus.

Robbie, I talked to a dude at Compass who has read the Koran 10 times in its entirity (spelling?) and has recorded around 500 inconsistancies with it - where it has contradicted itself. But I dunno - its third-hand information, and I don't know this for sure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home